Thursday, April 7, 2011

Find Your Own Fashion Style

What's your own fashion style?
Whether you are a classic, chic, bohemian, avant-garde, whimsical, etc... or a mixture of any two of these style types, you deserve to make a dramatic statement with an eye-popping wardrobe that is uniquely your own.
Classic: Women who have a classic fashion personality love timeless fashion designs--tailored trousers; single-breasted, semi-fitted jackets; sleek pumps.
Chic: These women favor love-it or leave-it pieces that are trendy, yet err on the side of expensive.The chic woman favors clothes with clean lines and meticulous tailoring, but turns up the volume on her wardrobe with show-stopping statement jewelry and handbags selected straight from the runway.
Whimsical women approach their wardrobes as an extension of their creative persona. Fun and flirty, romantic and youthful the whimsical woman lives for one-of-a-kind accessories that match her playful and retro style aesthetic.
Bohemian women are known for their tie-dyed shirts, flip-flops, slouchy big hats, batik prints and groovy beads.However, modern bohemian women can mix classic wardrobe staples: jeans, vests, white shirts and cotton tees with hippie-chic touches like ethnic-inspired jewelry, funky jackets and peasant-wear flawlessly.
The avant-garde woman is fashion forward and makes no apologies for her risk-taking approach to style. The avant-garde woman is a showstopper and interprets runway looks easier than any other style type.Bold, fearless and innovative this ultramodern style type favors black, but will always wear a bold and unusual dress or jacket that catches her eye at a moment notice.
Romantic: women who have a romantic fashion personality type can imagine themselves in a Victorian setting wearing long, ground-sweeping hoop skirts. Ruffles, frills, lace, and other feminine details are all on their radar screens.
Trendy: Bring it on--the latest, newest, cutting-edge fashion designs in both clothing and accessories. These all catch the attention of the woman with a trendy fashion personality. Her friends are likely to consult her when it comes to fashion because they know she's always on top of the trends, and she's shopping for the newest styles before they even arrive in the store.
Casual:Comfy is the mantra of the woman with a casual fashion personality. She wants to live her life free of the restrictions of fashion, so she may not even own a dress. She may be a bit confused by style, but, on the other hand, she'll never be at the mercy of fashion.

43 comments:

  1. thanks for this lovely post!! It's so nice to name our personal style! Can I ask you what's your style?? Mine is definitely romantic, casual, trendy and in the weekends chic (lol). Too much styles? I love them all :)

    buona giornata,
    jos xx
    PS: one of my latest post is in italian, feel free to check it out if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joss, my style?...Well,it depends on how I'm feeling, but I am a sort of mix of trendy,romantic,chic and bohemian :)))!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely more a classical and chic dresser, I always dress so conservatively!

    Check out my blog, I gave you a blogger award! :)
    http://itsthedollhousebaby.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post :) I think im trendy but my heart loves bohemian :)
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post. I can never define my own style..if I have one at all. I think I am more to the side of casual/romantic though.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice pictures!


    http://theminimalistchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit and blog!
    I follow you!

    Giulia
    www.thesinuouselegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Following your blog now :)
    /// www.churchterp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT such a lovely post. I like so much the blue blazer and the white romantic dress.

    take care
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess my style is some sort of a weird mixture of all of the above... I just wear what I feel like wearing :)

    XoXO
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am the love child of: whimsical/boehemian/avant garde/trendy. with a little mix of a category you didn't mention: rock&roll :) this was a great post-really enjoyed all the pictures you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Balmain and Isabel Marant are the best !
    http://styleinreallife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun! hmm... i think i find myself in the romantic/whimsical category. i LOVE the avant garde dress too!! great finds. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this white dress !!!

    Enjoy your day !
    M.

    There is a concours today in my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are incredible! I love that white jacket and skirt set. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that first photo in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh, i absolutely love that tiered, silk dress! i want one like it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the whole collection!

    Kisses honey!

    http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh, my style, I think just a mix of everything. Haha.
    Well anyway, I really like your blog, and we could follow each other so here is my blog
    fashion-is-forever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great! We really need to find our own style!!

    Thanks for sharing indeed!!

    www.mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow cool post :)

    i love all these styles :D


    http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know what? I can never really pinpoint my style sensibility......I think I express a particular way of dressing at particular points of time.......but however the style statement, I always try to be me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahhh the sequin number! i am in love!

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love so many of these. Casual, Trendy, Romantic, Avent grade. I don't have one specific style. I love changing from day to day how I dress up and look. It is fun to be punk one day and totally feminine and girly the next. :)
    https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like all styles,all in its moment, but in your pics love de chic-style.
    Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd have to say chic, bohemian, and romantic are my favorite! They're all lovely though:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. love your blog :) out of these i love chic and bohemian.
    if you have the time please follow my blog, each follower is very valuable to me
    http://opalintheclouds.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I love your blog, it's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, love the bohamian looks!!

    www.LIVINGandFASHION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the avant-garde, romantic, and trendy look (Balmain !!!!), it really shoes how my style can change between these trends :)
    Thanks for your comment !


    xxx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  32. i think i'm a little bit of everything - i currently have a very eclectic style (or atleast i like to think so!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. love the blazer and maxi dress and skirts

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post! I think I'm a mix of classic and bohemian.
    xx Allie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ohh love the boho n trendy look!!! Awesome pics, thx for sharing :D!!!!

    xo Emma

    ReplyDelete
  36. I can be all depending on my room but I lean more towards classic/chic on the regular. Awesome post thanks for the definitions! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  37. I meant depending on my MOOD!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this post! It's great to read about all the different styles! I'm going to share this!

    http://live-life-in-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. love these looks
    youve got a great blog, keep it up!
    and come visit COSMICaroline to see the ongoing, 4-part, in-depth look at Nashville Fashion Week!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. mmm! Love the romantic & trendy look! Thx for visiting my blog, hon :)x

    ReplyDelete
  41. very cool post about fashion types! it was very interesting to read. i'm not yet sure which style I would be...maybe romantic? :)

    http://www.amandasphotogarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete